Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Eyes Wide Open

A couple of years ago I had the incredible opportunity to spend a week at New Day Foster Home, located outside of Beijing.

It was an eye-opening experience that I enjoyed with 5 sweet friends.



Our mission was to paint several murals and love on the kids.


Of course, we were the ones that left blessed beyond measure!


I think we all left a piece of our hearts at New Day when we pulled away that warm, smoggy day a little over 2 years ago.


We met many precious children and had the opportunity to love on them, sing with them, and put on puppet shows for them.



But one special little girl left such an impression on me that I simply cannot get her off of my mind, even today.

You see, this special little bundle was only a couple of months old when we met her a couple of years ago.

But, I instantly fell in love with her sweet cheeks. Her lovely brown, almond-shaped eyes seemed to speak volumes.

She reminded me of a precious little girl that I knew back at home.

So much love to share.

Such a need for a loving family.



Here is that special little one we met at New Day.



See what I mean?


Pure sweetness!





Even now, two years later, I cannot get this sweet little one off of my mind.



Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act.


And, here is that sweet girl now....2 years later.



Does this sweet bundle have challenges?


Yes, but God.....




Is her future uncertain?


Yes, but God.....




Sweet Ella has a mild heart condition and a seizure disorder.

And, she recently received a g-tube.


But, her greatest need is a FAMILY.


With God, there is the promise of HOPE.


HOPE for a sweet little girl all the way on the other side of the world.

HOPE that sweet Ella will know the love of a family.


One of the beautiful crosses made in New Day's factory


Please join me in praying for sweet Ella.


Presently, Ella is not listed for adoption.

But, if a family is willing to step forward, her orphanage is willing to submit her paperwork for adoption.

Please let me know if you are interested in knowing more about sweet Ella.



For you created my inmost being, you knit me together in my mother's womb. Psalm 139:13



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I share this blog? I'm praying for sweet Ella with you.

Rebecca said...

Yes, please share precious Ella! Thank you!!

Followers

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger template Snowy Winter by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP